Current Job Openings:
GTxcel is a market leader in digital and mobile publishing technology. We provide complete digital edition solutions for publishers. These digital editions increase circulation, build brands, and create new mobile revenue streams for our clients, who represent a large, diversified set of business-to-business and consumer magazine publishers. The publishing industry is in a period of rapid change and mobile technology is a key component of the future.
As our VP of Finance, you will apply a hands-on entrepreneurial approach to managing all accounting and finance functions. You should have an appetite and talent for operational improvement as we refine our systems and business practices to support our plans for growth. You will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and you will participate as a key member of our senior management team by contributing to our ongoing strategy refinement as we continue to grow and evolve the business.
You and your team of experienced team of 3 are responsible for:
- Day-to-day A/P, A/R, billing, collections, payroll and month-end close
- Cash management and forecasting
- Customer contract management and maintaining billing database
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end consolidated financial statements
- Reporting and explaining all variances in the context of the business plans
- Building and maintaining financial forecasting models with Excel
- Conducting product and customer margin and cost analyses
- Developing accounting policies, creating and implementing procedures as required
- Implementing systems for efficient handling of pricing, billing, and contract management
- All office administration, personnel, and human resource matters
- Interfacing with venture capital investors, bankers, and accounting and legal advisors
- Preparation of board package, investors package and other financial reporting
- Assisting the executive team in business planning, analysis and other strategic initiatives
- Ten to twelve years in progressive accounting roles, including experience in public accounting or a corporate environment recognized for best practices in accounting and financial analysis
- Industry experience in software is preferred
- Experience in a high growth setting that requires upgrading of financial and business systems is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and a CPA or equivalent training are required
- Leadership style that embraces staff development and enables effective communication
- Strong systems experience with QuickBooks, SalesForce.com, and Docusign are a plus
- Expert in using Excel to build financial models, cost and margin analytics and reports
- Highly organized with proven financial and business analysis acumen
- A team player who takes initiative, can work independently, and uses sound judgment.
Compensation & Benefits:
Annual salary commensurate with experience, plus a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, paid vacation, and 401(k) plan.
Please apply by sending your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com